ComfortPlus glass consists of tempered safety glass over an interior pane of thicker laminated, LoE, argon-gas filled glass designed for safety and energy efficiency providing three times more protection against solar heat gain. ComfortPlus glass can also be combined with other energy efficient options for even greater performance.
- High energy efficiency results in a more comfortable living environment and money savings on utility bills.
- Meets ENERGY STAR approval guidelines for most climatic regions of Canada.
- NFRC rating 40% better than required by most common building codes.
- Provides three times more protection against solar heat gain.
- Resists condensation twice as long as clear glass.
- Protects interior spaces by reflecting the vast majority of the sun's fade causing rays.
ComfortPlus is a tempered safety glass over an interior pane of thicker laminated, LoE3, argon gas-filled glass designed for safety and maximum energy efficiency.
ComfortPlus glass is available for most VELUX skylights including:
- VSE skylight – Deck mounted electric venting skylight
- VS skylight - Deck mounted manual venting skylight
- FS skylight - Deck mounted fixed skylight
- FCM skylight - Curb mounted fixed skylight
See our skylight sizes in our literature library for details.
Our warranty covers 20 years on insulated glass seal and 10 years on the skylight. For details, download our warranty brochure.
Review: The interior laminated glass of the Comfort Plus, is what makes the big difference compared to Comfort Glass. Two sheets of glass laminated together, become impact resistant. Although, the pair can be cracked, they will not fall apart (as a single tempered glass pane would). This is the same kind of glass that is used in the windshield of a car; if you've ever seen a car that's been in an accident, you will notice that the windshield although cracked, stays together as one big floppy sheet.
This virtue of laminated glass, is usually the main reason we recommend it. Although it provides a little bit higher UV protection and a little better noise protection, we usually recommend it to our clients who have concerns with tree branches falling onto their skylights.