Energy Efficiency Matters
EnergyPlus glass consists of tempered safety glass over an interior pane of thicker laminated, LoE, argon-gas filled glass designed for safety and energy efficiency providing three times more protection against solar heat gain. EnergyPlus glass can also be combined with other energy efficient options for even greater performance.
- High energy efficiency results in a more comfortable living environment and money savings on utility bills.
- Meets ENERGY STAR approval guidelines for most climatic regions of Canada.
- NFRC rating 40% better than required by most common building codes.
- Provides three times more protection against solar heat gain.
- Resists condensation twice as long as clear glass.
- Protects interior spaces by reflecting the vast majority of the sun's fade causing rays.
EnergyPlus is a tempered safety glass over an interior pane of thicker laminated, LoE3, argon gas-filled glass designed for safety and maximum energy efficiency.
EnergyPlus glass is available for most VELUX skylights including:
- VSE skylight – Deck mounted electric venting skylight
- VS skylight - Deck mounted manual venting skylight
- FS skylight - Deck mounted fixed skylight
- FCM skylight - Curb mounted fixed skylight
Please contact us for details.
Our warranty covers 20 years on insulated glass seal and 10 years on the skylight. For details, download our warranty brochure.
Review: This new glass from Velux (circa 2012) provides a much higher heat blockage value. It has the same laminated glass virtues that the comfort glass has for breakage, noise and UV protection.
We recommend this to our clients that have a particular concern with stopping any heat from coming into the house, or when we have a large area of skylights facing south.
We have found that we have had to wait 5 to 8 weeks for delivery of this glass on some Velux skylights.