High energy efficiency
Comfort glass consists of tempered safety glass triple-coated with low-E, dual-sealed and injected with Argon gas. This quality glass provides excellent energy efficiency, thermal performance and protects against the sun's fade causing rays. Comfort glass can also be combined with other energy efficient options for even greater performance.
- High energy efficiency results in a more comfortable living environment and money savings on utility bills.
- Meets ENERGY STAR approval guidelines for most climatic regions of Canada.
- NFRC rating 40% better than required by most common building codes.
- Provides three times more protection against solar heat gain.
- Resists condensation twice as long as clear glass.
- Protects interior spaces by reflecting the vast majority of the sun's fade causing rays.
Comfort glass is Low-E3, argon gas-filled glass designed for maximum energy efficiency.
Comfort glass is available for most VELUX skylights including:
- VS skylight - Deck mounted manual venting skylight
- FS skylight - Deck mounted fixed skylight
- FCM skylight - Curb mounted fixed skylight
Our warranty covers 20 years on insulated glass seal and 10 years on the skylight.
Review: This high energy efficiency glass is one of the reasons we really like the Velux product line.
We often end up replacing old, builder grade, dome skylights that have a short life span. Our clients notice a big difference right away, in energy efficiency, compared to the domes. Dome skylights have the virtue of bringing in a little bit more light, than flat skylights, due to the curvature of the acrylic, but that same curvature creates a magnifying glass effect that can often create a great amount of heat in the summer time. This heat makes it very hard for the air conditioning to work properly on the second floor. We have had many clients that have switched from the domes to the high efficiency glass skylights, tell us "NOW THE A/C WORKS UPSTAIRS!"
The same energy efficiency pays off in the winter time as well, by keeping the heat inside the house.