Deck Mounted Skylights
With Certified Installers
Available in 4 types: Fixed, Manual "Fresh Air" Opening, Solar "Fresh Air" Opening, and Electric "Fresh Air" Opening.
Industry Leading Deck Seal Technology.
VELUX's 3 patented layers of water protection works seamlessly with a variety of roofing material, shedding water naturally without the use of "wet seals" to provide the most durable protection against the Canadian climate. At VELUX our products endure rigorous testing to ensure quality and performance in every box.
- Low profile for enhanced aesthetics and energy efficiency.
- Integrated gasket drain condensation to the outside.
- Interior frame is pre-painted white to eliminate the need for a painter.
The No Leak Skylight - No Leak Promise - No Worries
Deck Seal: The pre-attached deck seal provides a leak-proof bond between the skylight frame and roof.
Adhesive Underlayment: The adhesive undelayment provides secondary water protection throughout the harshest weather conditions.
Flashing: Easy to install engineered flashing is the primary water protection.
Review: Velux's original skylight style - the deck mount skylight with a factory built (pre-finished) wooden frame, is an elegant looking skylight from the interior. The interior frame and the way that the drywall ties into it, create a beautifully finished look. We like using these skylights in areas where the skylight will be very much in view, like lofts and cathedral ceilings. They require a roof pitch of at least 14 degrees (3/12).
- Visit our Cathedral Ceiling Skylight Gallery, Kitchen Skylight Gallery, Loft Skylight Gallery, Bathroom Skylight Gallery
- Read our Skylight and Sun Tunnel Blog
- Watch our Skylight Videos
- For further details visit our FAQ page (Skylight repair and Installation related questions)